The Arthritis NewsletterSummer 2012
We’d Like Your Help!
Passionate about improving the lives of those with arthritis?
We’d like your Help!
The Consumer Advisory Board (CAB) of the Arthritis Research Centre (ARC) is seeking volunteers who live with arthritis disease. By volunteering for CAB you can use your talents to bring positive change to over 4 million Canadians living with arthritis. The Consumer Advisory Board has a limited number of volunteer positions currently available.
If you are passionate about improving the lives of those with arthritis and want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you. Please contact us to express your interest in any one of the following:
- Writing articles for The Arthritis Newsletter
- Translating The Arthritis Newsletter to French
- Joining the Social Media Committee
- Contributing to the dissemination of research study findings
- Reviewing Plain Language Summaries of Research to ensure they are written in lay language
- Participating in public presentations
- Assisting with event planning and/or webcasts
- Promoting the Arthritis Research Centre of Canada
We provide training to new volunteers
Training and orientation is provided for all our new volunteers and is tailored to the activities each volunteer would like to get involved with.
Rewards and Benefits of Volunteering
- work directly with research teams on current research studies,
- educate people about arthritis,
- effect changes in the research agenda,
- help to increase public confidence on important standards,
- promote quality research and a world-renowned arthritis research centre,
- meet new people and learn new skills, and
- enhance your knowledge and understanding of your own arthritis disease.
Once you contact us, you will be asked to meet with the volunteer co-coordinator and a CAB member. This will be an opportunity for you to find out more about our organization.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to get involved, please contact:
Sheila Kerr at email@example.com