Arthritis Patient Advisory Board
Volunteer with the Arthritis Patient Advisory Board!
Arthritis Research Canada’s Arthritis Patient Advisory Board is recruiting new members.
Help Navigate Research from a Patient Perspective!
The shift to patient-centred research has created increasing demand for patients with all forms of arthritis to share their experiences and opinions, and to participate in ongoing research projects that will inform the direction of arthritis prevention, care and treatment.
If you have been diagnosed with arthritis and have a strong interest in arthritis research, you may want to consider a volunteer position with the Arthritis Patient Advisory Board (APAB). APAB members are passionate about making a difference and are:
- Informed, or willing to be informed, on a broad range of arthritis issues
- Interested in spreading and delivering arthritis research information
- Eager to be a part of a patient-centered arthritis organization
- Devoted to advocating for practical research for arthritis patients in established and innovative ways
- Able to articulate the needs and concerns of people with arthritis while participating in Arthritis Research Canada (ARC) research projects and collaborating with our researchers
- Interested in receiving appropriate training in order to participate in ARC research
- Committed to mentoring, building capacity and empowering people with arthritis to take an active role
- Proficient in communication techniques and internet navigation
If you are interested in being considered for a volunteer position with the Arthritis Patient Advisory Board, please fill out the contact form below and someone will get back to you shortly.
Have a question or want more information about joining the APAB team? Email us at email@example.com or call Patricia Webb at 604-207-4024.
Being accountable and transparent, meeting or exceeding standards and expectations for confidentiality, safety, protection of privacy and ethical conduct
Working effectively across disciplines, specialities, organizations and communities to combine efforts and share information in pursuit of shared goals
Constantly seeking and applying leading edge ideas, practices and knowledge while maintaining our commitment to quality and pursuit of the highest standards
Effectively translating unwavering dedication to our mission into practical, relevant, high quality actions that make a positive difference for people living with arthritis