Arthritis Patient Advisory Board
Become an Arthritis Advocate
New volunteer patient advocates from the Lower Mainland are periodically needed to serve on our Vancouver based Board. We seek members who represent various forms of arthritis disease and who are also reflective of BC’s racial and ethnic diversity — but these are desirable attributes rather than essential qualifications. These are two-year terms, with the potential to participate for a further two years.
If you have been diagnosed with arthritis and have a strong interest in arthritis research, you may want to consider a volunteer position with the Arthritis Patient Advisory Board. APAB members are passionate about making a difference and are:
- Informed, or be willing to be informed, on a broad range of arthritis issues
- Experienced in patient-centered arthritis organizations
- Devoted to advocating for practical research for arthritis patients in established and innovative ways
- Able to articulate the needs and concerns of people with arthritis while participating in ARC research projects and advising ARC researchers
- Interested in receiving appropriate training in order to participate in ARC research
- Committed to mentoring, building capacity and empowering people with arthritis to take an active role
- Proficient in communication techniques and internet navigation
If you are interested in being considered for a volunteer position with the Arthritis Patient Advisory Board, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information on your arthritis background, including any volunteer or paid work that you have done in the area of arthritis, advocacy or other work experience. As well, please tell us which of our core strategic areas interests you most and how you could positively contribute to APAB initiatives.
Thank you for your interest in APAB. In the event that you are not chosen as a full-time APAB member, please specify on your resume if you would be interested in participating on a periodic basis in APAB special projects and sub committees in our strategic areas.