Participate in Research
Do you see a nurse when you visit your rheumatologist? We want to hear from you!
Start and end date:
Why do this research?
Researchers are interested in learning what people with rheumatic diseases think about the rheumatology care they receive in British Columbia. In British Columbia, some rheumatologists work alongside nurses to provide care in their clinics. We are interested in hearing about your experience of receiving combined care from a rheumatologist and nurse.
What will be done?
We are conducting this study via informal telephone interviews.
How do people get involved?
If you agree to participate:
• You will be provided with background information and a consent form; you can decide not to participate at any time
• You will NOT need to share any personal health information
• Your interview will be set at a date and time of your convenience
• You can choose whether you prefer that the interview be held in-person, over the phone, or by video call
• The length of the interview will depend on how much you have to discuss, but should not take longer than 45 minutes
• You will be invited to answer several questions that will help us understand your experience(s)
• The interview will be audio recorded so that we do not miss any of the important information that you share
Please contact us if you have any questions and/or would like to participate
Study contact and lead: Dr. Magda Aguiar, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia
Who is on the research team?
Principal Investigator: Dr. Mark Harrison, Affiliate Scientist, Arthritis Research Canada and Associate Professor, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia
Dr. Magda Aguiar, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia